As we wait for brands to provide operational guidance on the new front desk, operators need answers now. Owners and operators are asking themselves:
- How can we create a no-contact environment?
- How can we keep both guests and employees safe?
- How can we simplify check-in without removing our hospitality?
Cash flows have taken a huge hit, so any development project to redesign a new front desk is out of the question. With that said, here is a new “makeshift” approach that would require some hardware, but not a whole new system.
- Take that extra credenza that is laying in the hallway and place in front of your existing front desk
- Place ID Scanner and Credit Card reader on the credenza
- Front desk staff and guests could still interact with a 6 foot spacing
- Front Desk Clerk would bring up reservation or walk in screen and tell guest when to Scan ID
- Scanning would fill in the reservation and meet the requirement to show an ID
- Clerk would alert guest when to swipe credit card to complete check in
- Front desk staff to place keys on opposing front desk that guests can pick up on the way to their room
- Wipe down ID Scanner and Credit Card reader. Repeat!
No one knows what this post-pandemic world will look like. But, as hotels respond to the operational changes, TTI can assist with the ID Scanner technology to streamline the new front desk.