Technology in hospitality has come a long way, and with it comes endless possibilities for hospitality management. Hospitality technology solutions can make tasks more manageable, more efficient and keep costs down. With the hospitality industry struggling to find ways to stay competitive, hospitality technology is one solution that will transform the hospitality industry as we know it.
Discover Hospitality Technology Solutions
What is technology in hospitality?
There are a lot of hospitality technology solutions from which hotel managers and owners can choose. Whether it is ID scanners, business center software, lobby tablets, or mobile printing solutions, there is no shortage in hospitality technology innovations.
How does technology help hospitality managers?
Technology in hospitality helps managers save time and money. By streamlining processes, technology can help free up staff to focus on hospitality tasks.
Here are a few examples.
Streamlining Hotel Check In
ID Scanners and Passport Scanners can dramatically improve the check-in process for both guests and staff. With ID scanners, hotel managers don’t have to worry about guest IDs getting lost or misplaced. With Passports, staff no longer has to manually look up guests’ information, and it eliminates the risk of human error when looking up someone’s passport number.
Utilizing scanning technology will help your team:
- Speed up the check-in process, freeing up your staff to focus on other essential tasks, and allowing your guests to get to their room faster.
- Improve the accuracy of data. Advanced software allows your staff to quickly scan the information on IDs from all over the world and accurately fill in your Property Management System (PMS), saving a picture of the ID. Imagine no more misspellings or incorrect addresses.
- Provides extra security against lost room keys and chargebacks. By scanning IDs and Passports directly into your PMS, you can be confident that you know exactly who is staying in your hotel. If a guest loses their room key, you can quickly identify them and provide a new key. Reduce Chargebacks by quickly retrieving the information you have in the guest’s folio.
Improving the Guest Experience in Hospitality
Imagine a digital concierge offering what your guests are looking for, and when, without bogging down staff (especially if you’re running on a skeleton crew)? Lobby tablets allow guests to easily:
- Search the web
- Find restaurants
- Purchase tickets
- Map the City
- … and so much more!
Additionally, you can pre-load with Push Promotions from approved vendors or on-property.
Here at TTI, we offer customizable lobby tablets, allowing hoteliers to present their property’s amenities beautifully. You can add quick links that take guests to sites you select while allowing guests the ability to access Free Boarding Pass software that prints to your designated wireless printer.
Hotel Mobile Printing
Now that guests are checking in on their mobile devices, wouldn’t it be convenient if they could print out boarding passes and receipts? Adding Mobile Printing Solutions to your hospitality technology arsenal will help you stay ahead of the curve.
Innovative Business Center Software
Sure, most modern hotels have business center software, but it’s what goes on “behind the scenes” that can make it transformative.
TTI’s secure software allows any account to have a link on the screen that can link to a partner site or even their amenities, which helps support them.
A few perks of the business center software we utilize for my clients:
- Access analytics through a web portal to see the number of sessions, length of sessions, how many pages are printed, and the number of clicks on quick links
- Can require a Password like their wi-fi that prevents a non-guest from using and can set the amount of time and pages the guest can print
- Allows the hotel to edit the Business Center desktop through a portal to change pictures and even assign announcements to come up on the day and time desired, e.g., Happy Hour Tuesday at 5 pm shows up on Monday and Tuesday.
As customer expectations change and technology advances, hotels constantly look for ways to stay at the top of their game. This article highlighted just a few technologies that will transform the way hoteliers can remain relevant in our fast-changing industry.
TTI Technologies will help you transform your property into a destination that guests will look forward to returning. We work with the best hospitality technology companies in the industry and are experts at integrating them into our clients’ PMS systems. That way, everything runs seamlessly behind the scenes. With every product, we offer, TTI provides an exceptional level of support.
If you have any questions about how these innovations can be used on your property or chain, please reach out! We would love to work with you to make these technological upgrades.